Microsoft PowerPoint is a powerful presentation tool, allowing almost endless variations in the style and formatting of presentations created and presented with it whether that be in person to an audience or a view at home / office type distributable slideshow.
It is easy to jump in and create a quick presentation using templates, then learn and develop your skills into a presentation master.
Below are some keyboard shortcuts and learning resources that can help you improve your PowerPoint skills.
A lot of work can be easily replicated through keyboard shortcuts.
Standard Microsoft Office time savers include:
- Ctrl+C: Copy highlighted section
- Ctrl+V: Paste highlighted section
- Ctrl+N: Create a new document
- Ctrl+O: Open an existing document
- Ctrl+S: Save a document
Navigating quickly around PowerPoint can be quick using the following:
- Alt + H: Go to the Home tab
- Alt + N: Open the Insert tab
- Alt + G: Open the Design tab
- Alt + K: Go to the Transitions tab
- Alt + A: Go to the Animations tab
- Alt + S: Go to the Slide Show tab
- Alt + R: Go to the Review tab
- Alt + W: Go to View tab
- Alt + X: Go to the Add-ins tab
- Alt + Y: Go to the Help tab
- Ctrl + Tab: Switch between open presentations
Microsoft have excellent help pages showing tips / hints and all the shortcuts whatever operating system you are using PowerPoint using on with the following links: