The 25th of May 2018 was the deadline for implementation of GDPR (EU General Data Protection Regulations). The Data Protection Act 1998 was also updated to the Data Protection Act 2018. These pieces of legislation apply to all companies in the United Kingdom that process personal data.
To meet the requirements of GDPR and the Data Protection Act, Tycom has set up process to assist customers achieve compliance with the new data protection laws:-
- Awareness – decision makers and key people
- Information – document what personal data is held and why
- Communicating privacy information – review and amend privacy notices
- Individuals’ rights – ensure delivery of data subject rights
- Subject access requests – update procedures and how to recognise
- Legal basis for processing – identify and document
- Consent – review how to obtain and record consent
- Children – review consent processes for minors
- Data breaches – ensure you have processes for detecting and reporting
- Data Protection by default and by design and Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIA)
We provide comprehensive services to all companies and organisations including the provision of a Data Protection Officer where necessary.